Monday, October 20, 2014

Harbaugh Questioned About Kaepernick Game Down 42-10

Jim Harbaugh had to answer questions on Monday about Colin Kaepernick. Harbaugh was asked why he left Kaepernick in with 11:22 to go in the game and the 49ers down 41-10 to the Denver Broncos.

Matt Maiocco of csnbayarea.com has the story for his ComCast Bay Area Sports broadcast. You can  read the article and watch some video here.

I am going to borrow the quote from Harbaugh though, because it takes reading the quote several times to get his drift. I understand never giving up but sometimes you need to save your horses for another day and let the ponies run.

“The drive started with about 10 minutes and I was still thinking with three timeouts and a quick score, an onside kick, three timeouts to stop a drive, another score and an onside kick,” Harbaugh said. “I was still thinking of the possibilities. That drive extended quite a bit of time, longer than I was hoping for. And I did think about, in the middle of the drive about the six-minute mark, of taking Colin out, but didn’t.”

Makes perfect sense right.

No comments:

Post a Comment